Dore Club Rules
1. The name of the Club shall be "The Dore Club".
2. (a) The association is a social club of gentleman and to afford its members the means of social intercourse, mutual helpfulness and rational recreation, and to afford the members facilities for meeting one another and of entertaining their friends.
(b) The maintenance of the Club premises at Dore Club, Townhead Road, Dore, Sheffield S17 3GA for the use of the members of the Club.
QUALIFICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP
3. All gentlemen of not less than 18 years of age shall be eligible for membership.
4. The Club shall consist of ordinary and life members not exceeding 200 in number.
ADMISSION FOR MEMBERS
5. Admission of ordinary and life members shall be by approval of the Management Committee.
PROPOSAL OF CANDIDATES
6. Every candidate for membership shall be proposed by one member and seconded by another both of whom must vouch for the fitness of the candidate from their personal knowledge.
All applications for membership shall be made in writing and shall be signed by the candidate and the proposer and the second and the election shall be in the discretion of the Management Committee.
The proposer and the second shall be responsible for the conduct and integration of the candidate in the first 12 months of membership
POSTING OF CANDIDATE
7. The particulars of any candidate for membership shall be posted on the Club Notice Board for 14 days preceding the date of the next meeting of the Management Committee when the candidate's application will be considered.
NOTICE TO MEMBER ELECTED
8. Immediately upon the election of a member notice thereof shall be given to him and a request to remit to the Treasurer of the Club within 14 days from the date of such request the amount of his entrance fee and first subscription.
Upon payment of his entrance fee and first subscription he shall become a member of the Club and be entitled to all the benefits and privileges of membership and be bound by these rules.
TAKING UP MEMBERSHIP
9. If such entrance fee and subscription be not paid within 14 days from the date of such request as aforesaid, the election of such member shall be void, unless he shall satisfy the Management Committee that the delay in payment was due to absence from the United Kingdom or other sufficient cause.
ENTRANCE FEE AND SUBSCRIPTION
10. The entrance fee payable by each new member and the annual subscription for members shall be determined from time to time by the Management Committee
DATE WHEN SUBSCRIPTIONS DUE
11. All annual subscriptions shall be payable the first day of January in each year or in the case of new members immediately upon acceptance.
PAYMENT OF SUBSCRIPTIONS
12. All entrance fees and subscriptions shall be paid to the Treasurer.
MEMBERS IN ARREARS
13. If any member shall fail to pay his annual subscription as provided by the rules 10 and 11 notice shall be sent to him calling his attention thereto.
If such subscription be not paid on or before the expiration of 14 days following the defaulter shall cease to be a member of the Club, and his name shall be erased from the books and he shall not then be permitted to make use of the Club or partake in its affairs unless he shall satisfy the Management Committee that the delay in payment was due to absence from the United Kingdom or other sufficient cause.
If at any time he shall give to the Management Committee a satisfactory explanation, he may in the discretion of that Management Committee and upon payment of arrears, be readmitted to membership without payment of any entrance fee.
EXPULSION OF MEMBERS
14. It at any time the Management Committee shall be of the opinion that the interests of the Club so require, by letter to invite any member to withdraw from the Club within a time specified in such letter, and in default of such withdrawal to submit the question of his expulsion to a special meeting of the Club to be held within 6 weeks after the date of such letter.
At such special meeting the member whose expulsion is under consideration shall be allowed to offer an explanation of his conduct verbally or in writing, and if thereupon two thirds of the members of the Club present shall vote for his expulsion he shall thereupon cease to be a member of the Club, provided that the voting at any such special meeting shall be held by ballot if not less than five members present thereat shall so demand.
It shall be in the power of the Management Committee to exclude such member from the Club house until such special meeting shall be held.
EFFECT OF CEASING TO BE A MEMBER
15. Any gentleman shall, upon ceasing to be a member of the Club, forfeit all right to and claim upon the Club and its property and funds (except any sum due to him as repayment of a loan).
16. The Club shall be managed by a Management Committee consisting of:
(a) The President, Chairman, Vice Chairman, a Treasurer and not more than seven members of the Club, and, if applicable, the secretary acting ex officio.
(b) The President and the Trustees shall continue in Office until they respectively resign or are removed from Office by a resolution of the Club in general meeting or they cease to be members of the Club.
(c) The Chairman, the Vice Chairman and the remainder of the Management Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting in each year and subject to termination of office by resignation or otherwise, shall remain in office until their successors are elected at the Annual General Meeting next following their election. The members so retiring at each Annual General Meeting shall be eligible for re-election if they have attended 8 Management Meetings in the previous 12 months unless there are exceptional circumstances.
(d) The Management Committee shall have power to fill any vacancy which may occur between the date of one Annual General Meeting and another.
MEETING OF THE COMMITTEE
17. The Management Committee shall meet regularly to examine the accounts and arrange the affairs of the Club.
Five members of the Management Committee shall form a quorum.
Minutes shall be taken of all the proceedings of the Committee, and shall be open to the inspection of any member of the Club applying to the Management Committee therefore.
18. The Management Committee shall from time to time make, repeal and amend all such bylaws and regulations (not consistent with these rules) and they shall think expedient for the internal management and well being of the Club.
All bylaws and regulations made by the Management Committee under this rule shall be binding upon the members until repealed by the Management Committee or set aside by a resolution of a General Meeting of the Club.
19. The Management Committee shall have power to appoint, pay and dismiss a Secretary and such other servants as they may deem necessary.
CLUB PROPERTY AND BORROWING POWERRS
(a) Title to the Club premises shall vest in the names of up to 4 members who will hold the legal estate as Trustees on behalf of the members for the time being of the Club. The Trustees may hold other positions on the Management Committee
(b) If at any time the Club in Genera1 Meeting shall pass a resolution authorising the Management Committee to borrow money, the Management Committee shall thereupon be empowered to borrow for the purposes of the Club such amount of money either at one time or from time to time, and at such rate of interest and in such form and manner and upon such security as shall be specified in such resolution and thereupon the Trustees shall at the direction of the Management Committee make all such dispositions of the Club property or any part thereof, and enter into such agreements in relation thereto as the Management Committee may deem proper for giving security for such loans and interest.
All members of the Club, whether voting on such resolution or not and all persons becoming members of the Club after the passing of such resolution, shall be deemed to have assented to the same as if they had voted in favour of such a resolution.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
21. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held in every year unless prevented from holding such meeting due to circumstances beyond the control of the Management Committee to transact the following business:
(a) To receive and if approved to adopt a statement of the Club accounts to the end of the preceding Financial Year.
(b) To appoint the officers and members of the Management Committee, in accordance with Rule 16.
(c) To deal with any special matter which the Management Committee desire to bring before the members and to consider such business as may be properly brought before the meeting.
(d) To consider and if approved, sanction any duly made alteration to the rules and bylaws.
CONVENING GENERAL MEETINGS
22. Fourteen days at least before the Annual General Meeting or any other special meeting, a notice of such meeting and of the business to be transacted thereat, shall be posted in the Club premises.
The balance sheet and statement of accounts shall be placed on the Club notice board fourteen days at least before the Annual General Meeting.
Any other business which members desire to bring before the meeting must be submitted in writing to the Management Committee not less than seven days before the meeting.
If it is not possible by reasons beyond the control of the Management Committee to convene an Annual General Meeting or any other special meeting then the Management Committee may defer holding the Annual General Meeting until the circumstances preventing holding the meeting no longer apply or hold a meeting of members in such form as the Management Committee shall determine
The Management Committee may call a special general meeting at any time for any special purpose, and must do so immediately upon a requisition in writing (stating the purposes for which the meeting is required) from any 25 members of the total membership entitled to vote
PROCEEDINGS AT GENERAL MEETINGS
23. At the General Meetings of the Club, the President and in his absence the Chairman or a member selected by the Management Committee shall take the chair.
Every ordinary or life member present shall be entitled to one vote upon every motion and in case of an equality of votes, the Chair shall have the casting vote.
The Management Committee may, if it thinks fit, make regulations enabling members unable to be present to vote by proxy or in writing
24. The financial year of the club shall end on the 31st day of December in each year, to which date the accounts of the Club shall be prepared.
OPENING OF CLUB PREMISES
25. The Club Premises shall be open to members on such days and between such hours as the Management Committee shall by bylaws determine, but the Management Committee are empowered to close the Club for such times as they may deem necessary for cleaning and repairs or otherwise.
26.(a) Every member shall be allowed to introduce up to 2 visitors per day subject to such regulations or bylaws as shall be made from time to time by the Management Committee, and every visitor shall be considered the guest of and accompanied by the member introducing him. Provided that no person shall be introduced as a visitor to the Club who shall have been expelled from membership or whose conduct or presence in the Club shall be considered by the Management Committee objectionable or prejudicial to the interests of the club. Every member introducing a visitor shall enter the visitor's name and address in the Visitor's Book in the Club. Each visitor can only be signed in once in any month with a maximum number of visits of six in any one year.
(b) Any visitor whose application for membership is posted on the Club notice board, is entitled to freely visit the club but must be signed in as a visitor on each occasion.
MEMBERS NOT TO MAKE A PROFIT OUT OF CLUB
27. No member shall, except for services rendered at the request of the Management Committee, on any pretence or in any manner receive any profit, salary, or emoluments from the funds or transaction of the Club.
CLUB NOT TO BE USED FOR BUSINESS
28. No member shall give the address of the Club in any advertisement or use the Club address for business purposes.
INTERPRETATION OF CLUB RULES
29. The Management Committee shall be the sole authority for the interpretation of these rules and of the bylaws and regulations made hereunder: and the decision of the Management Committee upon any question of interpretation or upon any matter affecting the Club, and not provided for by these rules or by the bylaws and regulations made hereunder shall be final and binding on the members.
DISSOLUTION OF THE CLUB
31. If at any General Meeting a resolution for the dissolution of the Club shall be passed by a majority of the members present and such resolution shall at a Special General Meeting not less than one month thereafter at which not less than one half of the members shall be present be confirmed by a resolution passed by a majority of two thirds of the members voting thereon, the Management Committee shall thereupon, or at such future date as shall be specified in such resolution, proceed to realise the property of the Club and after the discharge of all liabilities shall divide the same amongst the ordinary and life members on the basis of years of membership preceding such distribution so that a member with 20 years membership shall be entitled to twice the amount of the member with 10 years membership and so on in proportion to the membership entitlement of any member of the Club entitled to participate in such distribution.
There will be no membership entitlement for any member with 5 or less years concurrent membership.
1. Refreshments shall be served only in the Club premises and the bar shall not be opened before the recognised licensing hours, except for the sale of such articles as are authorised.
2. Every article supplied to the members must be paid for at the time according to the tariff exhibited in the Club.
3. The Management Committee shall make such regulations for the use of the snooker table as it shall from time to time decide.
4. Complaints or suggestions shall be made in writing to the Management Committee and must be signed by the person making them.
5. A copy of these rules, and bylaws shall at all times be exhibited in a prominent position in the Club
6. Mobile telephones should not be used to answer calls or make calls within the Club. Any member having cause to do so will vacate the Club temporarily.
MISCONDUCT OF MEMBERS
7. Credit to members is strictly forbidden and the Management Committee will hold the person offering such credit personally responsible should he in any way infringe this bylaw.
8. Any member wilfully damaging any article of furniture, fittings etc. the property of the Club shall pay such damage or in default shall be dealt with in a manner the Management Committee may decide.
8. (a) Subject to sub clause 8(b) and (c) below no intoxicating liquors or other articles for the sale of which a licence is required, shall be supplied except to members at the Club or sold to any person who is not a member as defined by these rules.
(b) On the occasion of an indoor games tournament members and officials of the visiting teams may purchase intoxicating liquor providing they have signed the Visitor's Book.
(c) Subject to obtaining any necessary permits and temporary events licences as may be required the Management Committee may permit events to take place at the Club at which members of the public who are not members of the Club may purchase intoxicating liquor in accordance with the terms of the necessary permits or temporary events licences
Footer One Third Mid